Posted: September 13th, 2023
NSG 3050-Trans to Baccalaureate Nsg
Mentor Interview Assignment and PowerPoint Presentation
Mentor Interview and Slide Show Presentation Assignment Overview
In this assignment, you will use the information from your interview with your potential nurse mentor to create a slide show presentation with recorded audio.
**Note: This assignment requires pre-planning to schedule a time to interview the nurse you identified as your potential mentor and working with technology software.
Interview your selected potential nurse mentor with the following questions. Use the
Mentor Interview Guide as a draft document to record your answers:
1. What drew you to nursing?
2. Before you became a nurse, did you work in another field besides healthcare?
3. What is your current practice role title and role responsibilities?
4. What education, specialty certification(s), and/or memberships in professional organizations did you need in order to achieve your current practice role?
5. What are the advantages of your current practice role?
6. What are the challenges to your current practice role?
7. Did you (or do you) have a mentor?
8. How do you feel having or not having a mentor has impacted your professional development?
9. How do you view mentorship?
10. As my mentor, how could you guide me in my professional development?
11. What advice can you give me on setting a professional path towards developing into a practice role like yours?
Create a slide presentation using Office 365 PowerPoint. Use the Slide Presentation Outline (see below) as a guide.
· The slide design theme should be professional.
· Each slide should present one main idea.
· Slide content should be organized into bullet points (no paragraphs or long sentences).
· The use of graphics or pictures on a slide should enhance the slide’s main idea.
· Slide content should be organized and flow in a logical format.
· A reference slide, in APA style, is only required if you cite sources in your presentation.
Record audio on each slide to expand on the slide content.
· Each slide should contain a recorded audio clip of your voice, including the title slide.
· Audio clips for each slide should be less than 3 minutes.
· Audio clips should enhance the slide content. You should not read the slide bullets or the slide content word-for-word.
· Audio clips should be clear and professionally presented with minimum pause words (uh, um), background noises, or distractions.
· If a reference slide is used, do not record audio on this slide.
· Review your presentation for spelling, grammar and APA style (if applicable).
Slide Presentation Outline
Slide 1: Title Slide
· First and Last Name, Academic and Professional Credentials
· Title of assignment
· Name of institution
Slide 2: Mentor Introduction
· Mentor’s initials (i.e. S.T), Academic and Professional Credentials (i.e. RN, MSN, CNE)
· Current position with role responsibilities
Slide 3: Professional and Educational Background
· Did they work in another field?
· What drew them to nursing?
· Pathway to current position including education/certifications earned and membership(s) in professional organizations
Slide 4: Current Role Discussion
· Description of current practice role.
· Advantages to your practice role
· Challenges to your current role
Slide 5: Mentor Selection Rationale
· Why did you choose this nurse as a potential mentor?
· What mentorship qualities/skills/attributes do they meet?
Slide 6: Mentoring and Professional Development
· Did your mentor have a mentor(s)?
· How has having or not having a mentor impacted your mentor’s professional development?
· How does your mentor view mentorship?
· How does your mentor feel they can guide you in your professional development?
Slide 7: Mentor Advice
· What advice did your mentor give you on setting a professional path towards developing into a practice role like theirs?
Slide 8: Reflection
· Do you feel this can be your mentor?
· Personal chemistry and conducive schedules/feasibility/suitability/agrees to be your mentor
· Fit of goals
· Skills and attributes (mentor is experienced)
· Summary of the interview process
· An impression of the role after the interview
· Final thoughts
Slide 10: References
· Use only if you cite sources in your presentation requiring APA in-text citations and references.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.