Posted: September 12th, 2023
Mr. P is 77 yrs old and is having urinary problems. He urinates more frequently than he did when he was younger, but he still can’t seem to fully empty his bladder. He has to get up several times at night to use the bathroom and it is exhausting him!
Physical exam: consider what exam would be helpful in determining his diagnosis
Labs: urinalysis is normal
Assessment: Urinary obstruction due to ______?
Answer the following questions based on the scenario and article above and save your responses in a Microsoft Word document. Provide a scholarly resource in APA format to support your answers.
1. Trace the flow of urine from the collecting duct to the urethral meatus.
2. Based on your knowledge of the male urinary tract, what normal organ is most likely obstructing the urinary outflow?
3. Based on the anatomic location of this structure, how can this structure be examined?
4. Based on your knowledge of anatomical differences, why are women more likely than men to get urinary tract infections?
5. Predict the consequences of the inability to empty the bladder.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.