Posted: September 11th, 2023
For this project, you will choose a house currently for sale on the market (your chance
to dream big!) and develop two different financing strategies to finance your new home.
Each strategy includes a down payment, the interest rate, and the term of the mortgage.
You will analyze and compare both financing strategies and choose the one you would
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate your ability to understand a variety of
financing options, develop amortization schedules, and then use subjective and
objective criteria to analyze the short-term and long-term pros and cons to justify a
• Choose a piece of real estate using resources such as realtor.com, Zillow.com,
o Including a listing sheet or a link to the listing with your assignment.
• Develop two different fixed-rate financing strategies that include a down
payment, interest rate, and term of the loan.
o Cite the source(s) of your interest rate assumptions.
• Create an amortization schedule for each financing option using the mortgage
template in Excel.
• Write an analysis and use visuals to compare and contrast the two financing
options in detail.
o Be specific and use numbers from the amortization schedules in your
o Summarize key information in table form.
• Choose one of the strategies and include justifications for selecting that option.
• Submit the Word document with the listing sheet or link.
• Include the Excel spreadsheet
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.