Posted: October 22nd, 2022
Virtual workplace | Human Resource Management homework help
Refer to “Virtual Workplace: Out of the Office Reply and the Listening Skills: Yeah Whatever Videos.” View the videos as many times as necessary to familiarize yourself with the names of the characters and the issues in both videos as they relate to this week’s objectives.
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words), in which you respond to the following questions:
- How effective is the communication between Pilar and Miguel in the first part of the “Listening Skills” video? Did this change in the second part of the video? How does this compare to the communication between Angela and Ralph during the first and second meetings in the “Virtual Workplace” video?
- What is active listening? What types of noise prevented Miguel from listening actively in the first part of the video? How is his listening different in the second part of the video?
- The textbook describes two main types of conflict. What type of conflict is occurring between Pilar and Miguel? How is this similar/different from that between Angela and Ralph? Explain your answer.
- What direct and indirect conflict management approach are Pilar (in the “Listening Skills” video) and Ralph (in the “Virtual Workplace” video) using? Which of these managers is most effective, and why?
- There are two types of negotiation: integrative and distributive. Which do you see occurring in each video? Define the criteria for effective negotiations and determine whether the final decision in each of these videos is effective or not.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment will be graded using the “Virtual Workplace: Out of the Office Reply and Listening Skills: Yeah Whatever Videos Rubric.” Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.