Posted: October 22nd, 2022
This is the instructions for the assignment. Need to be about 400 words due tomorrow Wednesday 9/25/2013 6pm eastern time.
The links on the bottom is the reading for the assignment. I’m also sending you an attachment of the articles from the links in case you have a problem opening the links.
The issues related to using children as witnesses in court cases. There have been many studies done relating to the unreliability of eyewitness testimony in both children and adults. In the 1980’s and 1990’s, there was a series of court cases related to alleged multi-victim, multi-offender sexual and ritual abuse in day care centers across the country (the McMartin and Little Rascals cases being perhaps the most publicized). Link to and read the following 2 articles:
1. How do you think that investigators and therapists, in their quest to find the truth, may have contributed to children making false or exaggerated allegations in these cases?
2. What implications do these types of cases have for people who run child care centers?
3. What lessons can be learned from these cases?
4. How should investigators and therapists proceed when a child or their parent makes such allegations?
5. How can they obtain the information they need without manipulating the child’s memory, even if inadvertently?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.