Posted: October 21st, 2022
Now that you have read, reflected and analyzed various ethical and moral issues in healt, I want you to respond to this issues presented in the video Dollars & Dentists..
This is a Frontline edition of a program titled Dollars and Dentists aired on June 26, 2012.
The program was a documentary developed by the Center for Public Integrity and hosted by the Public Broadcasting System (PBS). The program presents an overview about the poor condition of oral health in this country and some of the issues associated with a broken health care system. Specifically the program discusses the high cost of dental care, the lack of insurance to cover oral health issues, and how these costs leave many people unable to afford dental care services. It also calls into question the way corporate America has responded to fill this need. Several business models have emerged with big corporate backing.
While viewing the video you should be able to recognize a number of ethical and moral issues that arise related to access to health care, quality of care, and financial exploitation of disparate populations.
After watching the video, respond to the following:
For this assignment there are five perspectives to be considered. Each of the members of your group will contribute to the final paper which will be submitted on the due date. All 5 perspectives must be included in your final paper. However, each person in your group MUST write about ONE of the the perspectives mentioned below. In addition to clearly articulating the issue in question I will also be looking for an explaination of the ethical considerations for each of the perspectives.
• From the perspective of corporate interests:
• Like most successful business ventures, they’ve identified a need and are attempting to meet that need. They’re in business to make money and they’re generally quite successful.
• So what are they doing wrong, If anything?
• Should these companies be regulated by the ADA? If not by whom then?
From the perspective of…
• Like most successful business ventures, they’ve identified a need and are attempting to meet that need. They’re in business to make money and they’re generally quite successful. So what are they doing wrong, If anything?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.