Posted: October 10th, 2022
Body Image Worksheet and Instructions
The purpose of this assignment is to investigate the important issue of body image development during adolescence. Before beginning this assignment, you must read and understand the materials associated with the topic of body image found in the Reading & Study folder of Module/Week 4.
For all 3 parts of this worksheet, your responses must be well-written in full sentences that conform to all the rules of Standard Written English and current APA format. In addition, your responses must be double-spaced.
This assignment is due by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Monday of Module/Week 4.
Part 1: Detailed Description of an Advertisement
For the first part of this worksheet, you will choose an advertisement from the internet, television, or magazines that relates to the issue of body image and targets an adolescent audience. Next, in the space below, describe the advertisement in as much detail as possible in order to give your reader an accurate and concise picture of the content of the ad. Reference where you found the advertisement as completely as possible. You do not have to include the actual image.
Part 2: Critical Thinking Questions
Using the ad that you described above, answer the following questions in “short answer” format. Your responses are not restricted to the spaces provided below. You can use additional space to answer each question fully and concisely. You must include information from both the textbook and the Bible to support your answers. Include a reference list for all your sources at the end of Part 2 of the worksheet. Finally, remember that your responses must be double-spaced and well-written.
1. Who is the intended audience for this advertisement? What age group? Male or female?
2. What subliminal and/or overt messages does this advertisement send?
3. How would this ad be interpreted differently by each gender?
4. Do you think this ad is inaccurate in its portrayal of body image? If so, in what ways? If not, explain why.
5. Why do you think this ad and its product may be appealing to adolescents?
6. Why do you think the marketers chose to use this specific content and imagery?
Part 3: List of Resources
For the final part of your assignment, you will develop a List of Resources concerning adolescent body image development. This List of Resources is supposed to be like a reference guide that assists parents as they help their teens in the development of a healthy body image. To begin, compose an opening paragraph that introduces the subject of body image and provides an overview of the factors that contribute to its development. Utilize information from the textbook and Scripture in this introductory portion of the List of Resources and reference your sources in current APA format. Below the introduction, in list form, you will present 7–10 resources. These resources can come from various places (e.g., the internet, the textbook, other useful books, and Scripture). Below the title of each resource, give a 2–3-sentence explanation of how the resource is useful as well as a brief summary of its contents. If the resource is a webpage, format the source in current APA format and provide its URL. The textbook may serve as 1 of your resources. If you cite more than one section of the textbook, do so under that single title. Likewise, the Bible may (and likely should) serve as 1 of your resources. Cite all Scripture verses under a single title.
[Insert your introductory paragraph here.]
1. [Insert the title of resource #1 here.]
2. [Insert the title of resource #2 here.]
3. [Insert the title of resource #3 here.]
4. [Insert the title of resource #4 here.]
5. [Insert the title of resource #5 here.]
6. [Insert the title of resource #6 here.]
7. [Insert the title of resource #7 here.]
8. [Insert the title of resource #8 here.]
9. [Insert the title of resource #9 here.]
10. [Insert the title of resource #10 here.]
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.