Posted: August 8th, 2022
Module 7 journal: diversity, inclusion and equity at your internship
After reflecting on Module 7’s assigned resources (listed below), consider your internship site’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Begin by looking at your organization’s website for a statement of diversity, equity or inclusion (most y organizations or companies will have one). If your organization doesn’t have a statement on their website, look for an organizational mission statement or a corporate social responsibility statement. Read the available resources, consider your experience working at this site, and answer the following questions. (Note: Please do not use “diversity,” “equity,” and “inclusion” interchangeably since they refer to different things.) Make sure to integrate at least one required course into your answer.
- Where have you seen evidence of a successful commitment to diversity, equity or inclusion at your organization?
- Is your experience with the organization consistent with the organization’s statement on diversity, equity and inclusion? Please provide specific examples.
- Are there places where your host organization could more effectively pursue diversity, equity or inclusion?
- As you answer these questions you might consider: diversity of employees and organizational leaders, culture of inclusion, training around diversity, equity, or inclusion provided to staff, discussion of DEI issues in relation to the organization or the work that is performed
- What are some ways that you can commit to promoting equitable, diverse and inclusive work spaces? (Both in your current internship and in your future work experiences).
- Your journal should be approximately 300-350 words in length and should address each question in the assignment directions.
- Please integrate at least one source into your response and cite appropriately, using APA.
- Please refer to the rubric associated with this assignment for detailed guidance about expectations and grading.
- Please submit this assignment through D2L by the date and time indicated on your syllabus.