Posted: June 18th, 2022
gender expression & development | Psychology homework help
Using the Internet and the Online Library, review a variety of media characters, analyzing how male and female characters are portrayed. Media can be videos, cartoons, comic books, movies, etc. What are some common themes and characteristics in these portrayals? What messages do these send to young children about gender roles? Critically evaluate the scientific evidence for gender differences in a variety of areas such as social roles, cognitive abilities, education, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
In addition, address the following:
- Emotional expression of gender: How did the social cultural aspects of media, observational learning, and other factors influence your perception of gender-appropriate emotional expression?
- Social expression or expectation of gender: Is there a difference between genders in terms of expression of responsiveness to babies or nurturance? Do we encourage little boys to express feelings aggressively and little girls to articulate and verbalize their emotions?
- Geographic expression or expectation of gender: Are there differences within or across various cultures and geographical areas?
- Personality expression of gender: What does personality have to do with expression of emotions?
- Physiologic expression of gender: How do hormones and physiological changes impact emotions?
Compile your responses in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document. Cite all sources using APA format.