Select 1 of the cross-cultural research articles located in the University Library to use in your assignment.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper analyzing cross-cultural research. Complete the following in your paper:
- Explain the value of cross-cultural research, in general.
- Summarize the research design.
- Summarize the findings from the research.
- Evaluate its conclusion.
- Discuss the applicability of the research.
- Discuss if the study adequately handled the different cultures without bias.
wk3 -Summative Assessment: Cultural Influences Presentation
You are the first chief diversity officer at a Fortune 100 company. To help employees understand cross-cultural diversity and the value of diversity in the workplace, you are assigned to create a presentation on the cultural influences in your life. Include pictures to show how social practice and the culture you grew up in helped shape you.
Think about the person you are now. Think of all the cultural influences that may have impinged on you. Some examples include your parents, your parental milieu, your ethnic group, your religion, the areas or countries you lived in, your gender, the schools you went to, the schools’ ideology, and your peers and their backgrounds.
Create a 12- to 19-slide PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker notes that includes or does the following:
- (1 slide) Introduction
- (4–6 slides) Describes the major cultural influences on your life
- (3–5 slides) Explains the impact of cultural influences on you and your way of being (make sure you don’t focus on individual influences)
- (1–2 slides) Describes what would have been different about you without some of the cultural influences
- (2–4 slides) Applies Erikson’s psychosocial theory
- (1 slide) References
wk 4 – Culture and Communication Memo
You work in the human resources department of a company that does business in 25 different countries. You have learned that communication culture in your workplace has a significant impact on your employees’ experience, motivation, engagement, and overall business success. Your manager has asked you to write a memo on why and how to build a great communication culture at your company.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word memo that covers at least 2, but not more than 4, of the communication topics in 2 different cultures of your choice. Complete the following in your memo:
- Identify 2 cultures you selected.
- Identify 2 to 4 communication topics to discuss in your memo:
- Language and verbal communication
- Nonverbal communication
- Family communication
- Workplace communication
- The expression of emotions
- Friendship communication
- Romantic relationships, including dating, nonmarital commitments, and marriage
- Discuss how the 2 cultures are similar and different in your selected communication topic areas.
- Discuss additional common communication practices in each culture.
- Discuss how the communications practices in each culture are similar and how they are different.
- Discuss how culture influences the way we communicate and form relationships with others.
- List ways employees can improve their ability to communicate competently in cross-cultural interaction
wk 5 – Gender Equality Proposal
You are working on supporting gender equality in your community or culture. You are writing a proposal that will focus on gender equality because it is an important development (and human rights) issue. Create a developmental proposal (for example, cultural and diversity programs, diversity mentoring, and outreach programs) that will focus on building greater gender equality. Your proposal should help to increase awareness of inequalities, offer constructive solutions, and enable all genders to have a voice in the initiative.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word proposal that includes or does the following:
- Section 1: Initiative Overview
- States the community or culture you hope to influence
- States the mission, vision, and program objectives
- Section 2: Visibility, Awareness, and Participation
- Develops appropriate awareness-raising tools to stimulate broad interest
- Develops a communication strategy that leverages national and local-level education and culturally sensitive activities
- Section 3: Funding Strategy that Promotes Cultural Diversity
- Describes your funding strategies
- Explains how funding strategies promote diversity of cultural expressions
- Discusses measurable outcomes of the funding strategies
wk 6 – Summative Assessment: Social Justice and Healthcare Report
Identify a current health concern that influences cultures differently.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word report on social justice issues related to healthcare quality and access that are impacted by culture and race. Complete the following in your paper:
- Evaluate the importance of social justice.
- Discuss the psychological influences and sociocultural influences of physical health and disease.
- Discuss the differences in healthcare and medical delivery systems related to a health outcome (for example, high blood pressure or obesity) that is impacted by culture differently.
- For example, you could look at differences in healthcare systems in a large metropolitan area versus ones in a rural area.
- Analyze how the following five cultural influences may contribute to different health outcomes.
- Lifestyles and behaviors
- Attitudes and beliefs
- Analyze the importance of culture to health overall.
- Discuss the value of diversity, the value of diversity of cultures, and the impact of diversity on health outcomes.