Posted: June 16th, 2022
Encountering jesus | Jesus the Messiah
Textbook/Keller video attached below
- Jonathan Lunde, Following Jesus, the Servant King: A Biblical Theology of Covenantal Discipleship. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2010 (ISBN-13: 978-0310286165)
- Keller, Timothy. Jesus the King: Understanding the Life and Death of the Son of God. New York: Riverhead, 2013 (ISBN-13: 978-1594486661). Edition: Reprint.
In approaching this topic you should consider Tim Keller’s discussion of Nathanael’s encounter with Jesus, the opening chapters of Keller’s Jesus the King, and the first chapter of the Lunde textbook. Think critically about the ways and reasons why “what we know” can sometimes interfere with our grasping of new truths.
Write an initial post in which you:
- Identify the various sources in your life from which your current understanding of Jesus is drawn (e.g. a specific church or Christian leader, family members, media, books, popular culture, etc.).
- Relate Keller’s description of Nathaniel’s encounter (drawn from John’s Gospel) to the ways in which individuals encounter Jesus in the Gospel of Mark.
- Discuss how an encounter with the person of Jesus affects the way in which people seek to answer many of life’s big questions.
- Make initial post
- 250-300 words
- TImothy Keller Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaXeLlgad2Q