Posted: June 16th, 2022
Emergency communication case studies | PHE Foundation of Health Communication
Emergency Communication Case Studies
Using the information from the Boston Marathon Bombing and Hurricane Irene in North Carolina, read each case study.
Based on your research, create a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document, including answers to the following questions:
- What barriers were identified to message development for each of these case studies?
- How was timeliness an issue in each of these case studies? How was it addressed?
- What was the call to action (response) for each of these case studies?
- How were the seven steps of crisis communication used (or not) in each of these case studies?
- What were the similarities between these case studies when it comes to emergency and crisis communication?
- What were the differences between these case studies when it comes to emergency and crisis communication?
Be sure to support your points for each of the components in parenthesis with data from the program and outside research.