Posted: June 16th, 2022
Discussion: working with families | Human Resource Management homework help
When working with families, keep in mind that each family has its own unique culture. In other words, each family has a set of shared attitudes, beliefs, values, and behaviors that guide how they interact with each other and how they cope with presenting problems. It is important to become familiar with the family’s culture before offering assistance. It is also important to view the entire family as the service user and allow each member (including children) to have equal input. Ultimately, the services you provide or recommend will impact every family member.
In doing so, you will examine cultural and ethical considerations related to working with the family in the case study as well as how a recent current event might influence your approach.
- Review the case study and select one to focus on for this Discussion.
- Reflect on how broad structural issues, such as racism and economic disenfranchisement, affect family dynamics and functioning.
- Review the specific cultural considerations for the case study. Pay particular attention to information that pertains to the culture(s) of the family in the case study you selected and think about how you would use this information to assist the family.
- Review the Ethical Standards for Human Services Professionals. Identify ethical standards that would inform your work with the family in the case study.
- Think about how current events, such as social movements, may influence how you approach the family in the case study.
- What can you do to assist the family while respecting their culture? What cultural aspects are most important to consider in this case, and why?
- What are your ethical responsibilities to the family? Why are these ethical considerations necessary?
- How would one recent current event influence how you approach this case study? Be specific.
Support your post with specific NOHS ethical standards.