Posted: June 7th, 2022
Edu 541 assignment 5 | Education homework help
Assignment 5: Using Reports in the LMS
Due Week 10 and worth 160 points
Once a course or training module is developed in an LMS, it is important to see how the students or instructors are using the system.
Every LMS has ability to produce reports that help stakeholders manage, maintain, and improve the learning experience for students and the teaching experience for instructors. You are provided with some reports generated from a course in Blackboard. These reports can help indicate if you have any assets that are not engaging learners or if the anticipated timeframes to perform tasks are inaccurate. In addition, these reports help to create remediation for students and ensure that instructors are performing their jobs.
Click below links to view the reports.
You will need to analyze the reports and recommend changes to improve the LMS based on your analysis.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Summarize your findings and analysis from the reports provided. Determine the main areas that engage students and the main areas that do not.
- Determine at least two (2) areas that you would like to improve, if you had the authority to make changes to the LMS itself, in order to improve the course or the functionality of the LMS. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Recommend at least two (2) changes to the LMS that will enhance students’ learning and / or stakeholder’s managing experiences. Provide a rationale for your recommendation.
- Suggest a targeted report that you wish the LMS could provide for either students or faculty in order to understand student progress, monitor activity, or other interactions with the LMS. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Provide at least three (3) reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references (no more than one  used previously), published within the last five (5) years that support the paper’s claims.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate assessment tools and capabilities of an LMS.
- Design learning assets based on end user or organizational needs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in technology tools to manage learning.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in technology tools to manage learning using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the rubric.