Posted: May 25th, 2022
Diversity unit 5 | Management homework help
You are the HR director of a start-up organization. You have just attended a director’s meeting about establishing an Equal Employment Opportunity Coordinator position in your organization. During the meeting, many of the directors expressed concern. Their fear is that not all newly hired managers or employees are familiar with the EEO hiring and workplace diversity guidelines. The group decided that the person who fills the coordinator position should be knowledgeable about corporate compliance. This person should also be responsible for management training. During the meeting, it was decided that further investigation about the needs of the position and guidance in developing a job description was the next logical step in vetting this new position.
As the HR director, you have been asked to explore and write a 3-page research report. The report must summarize the meeting and offer some recommendations for the EEO Coordinator position that will provide guidance to the newly hired managers and employees. Create a report that answers the following questions and supports your recommendation:
- Identify a minimum of 3 protected classes under the Equal Employment Opportunity Act.
- What are proactive ways employees can prevent cultural barriers, discrimination, and biases in the workplace?
- How is an EEO complaint filed?
- What are the steps to investigate an EEO complaint?
- What is retaliation in the workplace?
- What is tangible employment action?
- Explain a company’s liability (civil versus criminal)
- What is vicarious liability, and how does this effect supervisors?
- Explain possible remedies for employment discrimination.
- Provide 3 recommendations for success that might help guide the managers and employees and improve hiring practices.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.