Posted: May 22nd, 2022
For the Final Paper, you will choose a social issue affecting the workplace and working environment, and develop a paper that thoroughly discusses:
Ø The issue from both the workplace and societal viewpoints. Be sure to include the positive and negative aspects of the issue in relation to the workplace, society, and workers, especially the unique worker groups who may be most affected (examples – women, immigrants, LGBTQ citizens, the working or middle classes, and racial, ethnic or cultural groups).
Ø Analyze how the issue could be positively supported using various social controls (e.g., laws, organizational policies/practices, training/education, government or corporate involvement, or social change).
Ø Recommend interventions in these areas.
Ø Discuss the potential social or economic benefits which may result if your recommendations were implemented.
Ø Be sure to frame and introduce the problem clearly in the introduction.
Ø Give a bit of an overview about the problem (it is important to know why it is a problem and how we got to this point), but for the most part focus on solutions.
Ø Remember that this is a sociology course and not a policy course, so some discussion of sociological theory is warranted in your papers.
Ø This is important, be critical! Look at pros, cons, alternative explanations, etc. throughout. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the proposals you suggest for dealing with ‘X’ issue?
Choose one of the following social issues:
· The role of women in leadership
· Faith-based decision making in business (hiring and customers served)
· The use of immigrant labor in California
· Sexual harassment
· Executive versus worker compensation disparity
· The gender wage gap
· Whistleblowing – this is the topic
Writing the Final Paper
Must be eight double-spaced pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style.
1. Must include a title page with the following:
a. Title of paper
b. Student’s name
c. Course name and number
d. Instructor’s name
e. Date submitted
2. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
3. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
4. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
5. Must use at least five scholarly sources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library.
6. Must document all sources in APA style.
7. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.