Posted: May 22nd, 2022
1) (Expected rate of return and risk) Syntex, Inc. is considering an investment in one of two common stocks.
2) (NPV, PI, and IRR calculations) Fijisawa, Inc. is considering a major expansion of its product line and has estimated the following cash flows associated with such an expansion. The initial outlay would be $1,960,000, and the project would generate cash flows of $380,000 per year for six years. The appropriate discount rate is 4.0 percent.
3) (Cost of debt) Sincere Stationery Corporation needs to raise $531,000 to improve its manufacturing plant. It has decided to issue a $1,000 par value bond with an annual coupon rate of 10.1 percent with interest paid semiannually and a 15-year maturity. Investors require a rate of return of 8.7 percent.
4) (Cost of debt) Sincere Stationery Corporation needs to raise $451,000 to improve its manufacturing plant. It has decided to issue a $1,000 par value bond with an annual coupon rate of 11.1 percent with interest paid semiannually and a 15-year maturity. Investors require a rate of return of 9.6 percent.
5) (Weighted average cost of capital) As a consultant to GBH Skiwear, you have been asked to compute the appropriate discount rate to use in the evaluation of the purchase of a new warehouse facility. You have determined the market value of the firm’s current capital structure (which the firm considers to be its target mix of financing sources) as follows:
To finance the purchase, GBH will sell 20-year bonds with a $1,000 par value paying 8.4 percent per year (paid semiannually) at the market price of $929. Preferred stock paying a $2.51 dividend can be sold for $34.03. Common stock for GBH is currently selling for $49.09 per share. The firm paid a $4.06 dividend last year and expects dividends to continue growing at a rate of 4.5 percent per year into the indefinite figure. The firm’s marginal tax rate is 32 percent.
6) (Capital structure weights) In August of 2010 the capital structure of the Emerson Electric Corporation (EMIR) (measured in book and market values) appeared as follows:
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.