Posted: May 15th, 2022
Information security & risk | Information Systems homework help
Reflect on the following in a minimum of 350 words each.
1. Effective Information Security Governance
Information security has evolved from a solely technical requirement to a strategic organization requirement supporting mission performance, financial goals, protection of intellectual capital, and regulatory compliance. In addition to a global environment with increasing cyber risks and cloud computing, organizations have increasingly dynamic complex organizational structures and supply chains. Effective information security governance and risk management require an enterprise perspective. The concept of an enterprise boundary is evolving.
- Reflecting on your experience, the course materials, and any independent research, share the primary drivers of effective information security governance in either a public or private organization. Explain the potential influence of information security governance on executive decision-making, risk, and regulatory compliance.
2. Importance of Information Security Governance
Reflect on various information security goals, processes, and related leadership responsibilities that you have learned about in this module.
- Describe what information security governance goals, processes, and related leadership responsibilities are most important to you. Share 2 examples of how information classification influences information security governance. How does information security assurance relate to organization governance?
3. Risk Management and Compliance in an Organization
Reflect on an organization that must meet complex security and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Explain 2 similarities and 2 differences between risk management, regulatory compliance, and other forms of compliance that influence risk mitigation plan development within the selected organization context. You may need to do additional research on legal and regulatory requirements.
4. The Goals and Process of an Information Security Program
Reflect on an information security program in your organization or an organization with which you are familiar.
- Describe the primary goals and process for developing an information security program in that organization. Who should lead this development and who manages the program? How will the information security program policies and procedures be communicated to employees and enforced? What are the applicable measurements and requirements for a successful information security program?
5. Developing an Incident Response Plan
Reflect on a recent cyber security attack.
- Provide a brief overview of a potential incident response plan requirements and processes that you would recommend. How should the incident response plan be tested?