Posted: April 19th, 2022
Once complete tick the box bellow.
Task is completed YES NO
Task 9: Activity Report – see appendix 2
• Pick a quantifier from the list given below and complete each sentence in APPENDIX 2 attached at the end of the assessment.
A FEW | A GREAT DEAL | A LITTLE | A LOT | A LOT OF | A MAJORITY OF | ENOUGH | MANY | MUCH OF | PLENTY | SEVERAL OF | SOME
• Some similar quantifiers give very different meanings to their noun. Write a sentence using ‘a little’ meaning ‘some’ and another sentence where ‘little’ means ‘not much’ (in APPENDIX 2)
• Do the same for ‘few’ and ‘a few’ (in APPENDIX 2)
Hint: in formal business writing its preferable to use ‘many’ or ‘much’ and avoid ‘lots’ ‘lots of’ or ‘plenty of’
All three tasks are completed YES NO
Task 10: Activity Report – Active and Passive Voice
‘Active voice’ is where the subject takes the action: Greg hugged his dog.
‘Passive voice’ is where the subject is acted upon: The dog was hugged by Greg.
ACTIVE VOICE PASSIVE VOICE
1. They had given us visas for twelve months Visas……
2. The data is being uploaded
3. By next month, we will have finished the Unit on business writing
4. Computers are shipped to many foreign countries
5. The programmer completed the app
6. The laptop was delivered yesterday
7. The manager was making an announcement
8. The network will be down overnight
Task 11: Activity Report
Correct the following sentences for verb tense consistency:
• The facilitator explains the table to students who asked questions during the lecture
• About noon the sky darkened, a breeze sprang up, and a low rumble announces the approaching storm.
• Yesterday we walk to Uni but later rode the bus home.
Task 12: Activity Report
• Change the following sentences to the third person:
• I am going for a short bus ride.
• We have decided not to attend the cricket match.
• Change the following sentences to the first person:
• It was a good match to watch.
• Her speech was inspiring to us all.
Task 13: Activity Report
1. TENSES AND WRITING PARAGRAPHS TIPS:
• Use past tense to narrate events and to refer to an author
• Use present tense to state facts and discuss ideas or those expressed by an author
• Use future tense in writing recommendations for action
• Try to limit each paragraph to one idea or key point.
• Don’t mix your tenses.
Write a four paragraph report on your favourite subject or technology in IT. Choose either first person or third person narration.
• An introductory paragraph introducing the subject.
• A past tense paragraph talking about the background to this subject or technology
• A present tense subject identifying the facts and key uses or advantages
• A final paragraph in future tense recommending what should happen next.
1. An introductory paragraph introducing the subject.
2. A past tense paragraph talking about the background to this subject or technology.
3. A present tense subject identifying the facts and key uses or advantages.
4. A final paragraph in future tense recommending what should happen next.
Task 14: Activity Report
Assume you are to prepare a short justification report for William Light Professional Education P/L asking for new computer technology. You are given the following instructions on the order of information to use in the report
• Use the first person
• Create a title
• Develop a series of headings
• Open by stating the proposed changes and then go straight into the current problems of computing software being inadequate for the size of the company. (introduction)
• Start the body of the report with some concrete examples of the advantages of the new software. Briefly explain the advantages. Present the problem of the existing system.
• Place the conclusions and recommendations at the end of the report.
Task 15: Report
Working with a colleague, edit each other’s short report created in task 14. Provide some discussed and identified key points in the report.
Task 16: Report
Follow the link below to read and review: Purdue OWL ‘Avoiding plagiarism’
• Write a short report not more than 100 words on ‘avoiding plagiarism in business writing’
• Write an example of a reference from (a) the internet and (b) a paper journal using Harvard referencing https://www.adelaide.edu.au/writingcentre/docs/harvard-style-guide.pdf
Task 17: Role play
See detailed handout on the exemplar report and its background
Read and discuss the report in small groups
Discussion in full group:
• Data and analysis
• Logical flow
• Conclusions and justifiable recommendations
• Executive summary
• Review and edit
Ask the facilitator to provide the handouts on the Exemplar Report if enable to find out in the assessment resources.
Third party/facilitator’s comments:
Signature: Observation date:
Task 18: Report
The facilitator to identify a list of Australian businesses headquartered in that campus’s city (in APPENDIX 8). The report is to be written for axis investments, a large international investment house interested in acquiring Australian companies with a growth trajectory.
• You need to nominate a business from the list provided
• Research the industry, the company, where it fits, its main competitor’s and potential for growth. On completion discuss your research with the facilitator who will approve your moving to the next stage.
DOCUMENT AND USE THE CPMPANY’S STYLE GUIDE OR OTHER FORMAT APPROVED BY THE FACILITATOR
• Develop a draft table of contents for approval by the facilitator
• Write your report. The facilitator will provide assistance as you progress.
• Complete the executive summary
• Edit and review your completed report and document your changes
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.