Posted: April 19th, 2022
Directions: Your task is to write a report for the Chief of Police Rodney Hurt. He will use the report for his news conference in regard to the public’s concern for the increase in crime over the past five years. In the report, you will include the following:
1. Discuss how the Uniform Crime Report and the National Incident -Based Reporting System provide an understanding about the extent of crime in society
2. A description of the data-gathering strategy for your report and a rationale for why you chose this technique (how is the data gathered by the UCR or NCVS)
3. How do self-reported datasets provide valuable information about crime and offending behaviors that are not captured by official data sources
4. What are the strengths and limitations of the various datasets on crime?
5. A discussion of the crime trends comparing several towns in a chosen city or county of any state
• To gather this data, you will need to go to the Uniform Crime Report- https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/topic-pages/about-cius• Access Table 5 (Crime in the United States by State)• Access Table 8 (Offenses Known to Law Enforcement by City 10,000 and over in Population) and find the particular town or city that you will be using to conduct your report
6. Your report should clearly describe all the details necessary for the Chief’s news conference. Your answers will be judged not only on the accuracy of the information you provide, but also on how thoroughly the information is covered, how effectively the report is organized, and how well your writing reflects the conventions of standard written English. While your personal values and experiences are important, please answer all the questions in this task solely on the basis of the information provided in the Document Library. (The Document Library is included in this assignment document.)
Formatting Requirements: Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
● The submission must be 500-750 words, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12) and adhere to APA standards(link below). Further, the submission requires a reference page and include in-text citation when using direct quotes and paraphrasing.
● Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, professor’s name, course title, and date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
• APA Standards: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/apa_sample_paper.html
How to Create In-text Citations: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/in_text_citations_author_authors.html
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.