Posted: April 17th, 2022
Hw help | Psychology homework help
Each article summary should be prepared with 5 separate paragraphs of text organized under separate section headings (e.g., Introduction, Methods, Results, Discussion, Stance). Your goal is to extract the key points from each section so the reader can read the review and understand the purpose, rationale, method, results, and implications of the study (discussed in language a layperson can understand). The review must be in your own words! Do not simply copy directly from the article – prove to me that you can explain the key points. The following bullet points should be used to guide your reading of the article and writing each section of the summary.
- Locate a stress and health article of interest published between 2012 and 2020 from an academic journal of your choosing
- Provide the reference to the article in APA Style (see https://goo.gl/UBSCcI (Links to an external site.)).
- What is the purpose of the article and how or why is the study important and/or relevant to motivational psychology (broadly)?
- What are the main study hypotheses and/or research questions?
- What sample was used and how was the sample obtained?
- What were the key independent and dependent variables in the study?
- How can the overall study be described in terms of research design (i.e., descriptive, observational, correlational, quasi-experimental, experimental)?
- What were the key findings for each hypothesis or research question?
- Were findings significant, non-significant?
- What was the magnitude or strength of significant findings?
- Were any additional results obtained that were unexpected or contrary to the hypotheses or research questions?
- What conclusions did the authors reach in regard to the results?
- What implications do the study findings have?
- What limitations are present?
- State two ways you might apply this research to your own life or career/practice (e.g., highlighting its strengths or implications), each as a single sentence, and number them.
- Examine the impact these findings have on our understanding of human psychology; in other words, what can you conclude from the study and why are the results of this study important?