Posted: January 12th, 2022
The student will post thread of at least 500 words by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of the assigned Module: For each thread, students must support their assertions with at least two scholarly citations in APA format. Any sources cited must have been published within the last five years. Acceptable sources include peer reviewed journal articles, content from relevant professional associations/platforms, course materials, the textbook, the Bible, etc.
Note: Diagrams do not count towards word counts.
Discussion Thread: Information Systems Development Topic Selection
For your thread, answer 2 of the following questions:
1. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the waterfall approach to system development.
2. What are the pros and cons in reference to an organization’s buy versus build decision? Explain why you would choose one method over the other.
3. In chapter 8, the authors state that security and controls are often an afterthought. Provide an empirical example of how poor security controls impact an organization or Information System.
4. Identify 2 systems development processes, and compare and contrast the differences. In your evaluation, identify which process you would choose to development a new software application for the marketing department that must be available within a 6-month time frame.
5. What are the 4 different kinds of feasibility that must be assessed? Why is the feasibility of a system reviewed during the investigation, analysis, and design phases?
6. You are responsible for developing a User Interface for a group of users within your organization. Describe the User Interface; choose and explain your preferred design method.
7. Identify and briefly describe 4 types of testing that are conducted during the integration and testing phase.
8. Provide an example of how a disaster recovery plan is implemented within the software development process life cycle.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.