Posted: November 13th, 2021
Organize crime research paper | Criminal homework help
Focus of the Research Paper
Select a criminal justice topic related to “organized crime”/problem to define, describe the scope and consequences of the problem, and assess society’s responses to the problem (including public policies and other less formal responses). Papers should also present a clearly reasoned alternative that is supported by scholarly research.
While the following example can be modified to suit your needs, using this outline as a guide will likely result in a high quality final paper:
- What is the topic problem?
- Why does this problem qualify as a “criminal justice organized crime related issue/s”?
- What are the individual and social implications of this problem? Discussion of implications should be supported by accurate research data.
- What do the experts say about the problem?
- What have we, as a society, done about this problem? Again, consider public policies and other, less formal responses.
- How is this working?
- Describe an alternative.
- Discuss why the alternative is, or can be, an effective response to the problem. Remember to consider negative consequences of the alternative response.
- Conclude with reflections and thoughts about your chosen social problem. This is a good place to include personal opinions, assuming you wish to share them in a research paper.
The Research Paper:
- Must be 10 to 12 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style.