Posted: October 11th, 2021
improving student achievement | Education homework help
The improvement of student achievement has been a hot topic in education for years. This assignment will allow you to review some of the initiatives designed to improve student achievement and to offer critiques on their effectiveness.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper (1,750-2,000 words) that looks at government or educational initiatives designed to improve student achievement. Include the following in your paper:
- Locate an empirical research study conducted within the last five years on a governmental or educational initiative designed to improve student achievement. Topics may include use of Common Core standards, Career and College readiness, STEM instruction, differentiated instruction or use of technology in the classroom. Provide a link to the study.
- Discuss the following: problem, purpose, method, design, research questions, and results.
- Evaluate the validity of the results and discuss the practical implications for practice.
- Critique the effectiveness of the initiative.
- Discuss global influences that impact the initiative in relation to student learning.