Posted: June 2nd, 2021
· Bottom-up cost estimating exercise (Module 3, pp 19-20)
· Parametric cost estimate exercise (Module 3, pp. 43-44)
· For the table below
o Create a PERT/CPM chart
o Compute project duration
o Compute Latest Start, Earliest Start, and Float (Slack)
Task Predecessor Duration (in days) Latest start Earliest start Float (slack)
A Start 6
B A,D 8
C B 10
D Start 7
E D 12
F Start 12
G F 12
· Exercise 3-2 (Module 3, p. 61)
· Exercise 3-3 (Module 3, pp. 63-64)
Following are cost and schedule data for a project that is underway.
Month 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Planned 30 35 42 46 40 52 45 48 50 40 30 15
Actual 10 25 47 55 52 54 50 58
Project Cost Data
<Table Attached in the answer>
Project Schedule Data
1. Using the cost data in the cost table above, create a cumulative cost curve comparing actual versus planned costs (Note: with the cumulative cost curve – also called the S-curve – you must cumulate the cost data. See More Info, Module 3, p. 53.)
2. Using the schedule data in the schedule table above, create a Gantt chart comparing actual versus planned schedule performance
3. Summarize in words what you see project status to be at this time. What do you predict regarding the final cost and final schedule for the project? Note, by looking at the schedule and cost day simultaneously, you are engaging in integrated cost/schedule control.
Following are data reporting progress on a project. Work on all tasks contained in the table is scheduled to be complete as of the day of the report.
<Table Attached in the answer >
1. Using the 50-50 Rule, what is earned value for this project? (Put answer into the “Earned value” column in the table.)
2. Using the 0-100 Rule, what is earned value for this project? (Simply supply the number)
3. Note the discrepancy of earned value figures when using the 50-50 Rule and 0-100 Rule. Why is there a discrepancy? Which Rule should we use? Explain your rationale.
4. Using the 50-50 Rule earned value computation, what is schedule variance for the project as reported? (Put answer into the “Sched var” column in the table.)
5. What is the schedule performance index (SPI)? (Provide the number. What does this number mean?)
6. Using the 50-50 Rule earned value computation, what is the cost variance for the project as reported? (Put answer into the “Cost var” column in the table.)
7. What is the cost performance index (CPI)? (Provide the number. What does this number mean?)
8. If the total budget for this project is 5000, use CPI to compute estimate at complete (EAC).
9. Using the earned value information garnered from the above table, provide your boss a brief status report on project progress to date. Also, provide projections for future status.
Reasonable Price, Top Solution, Top Author – Buy With Confidence
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.