Posted: June 2nd, 2021
Assignment: The Role of Leadership in Shaping Organizational Culture
To prepare for this Assignment, review the “Leading a Virtual Organization” videos and Case Study Guide in this week’s Learning Resources, and consider the insights gained by Dr. Marsh in his journey as an organizational leader.
Submit a 7- to 10-page comprehensive scholarly analysis of the role leadership plays in establishing an organizational culture that includes a focus on positive social change. In your analysis, do the following:
· Analyze Dr. Marsh’s challenges and their influence on an organization’s culture.
· Summarize the leadership style you would adopt to influence the organization’s culture and why.
· Explain the organizational change or cultural change model or steps you would take to change the culture.
· As a global change agent, explain how you would infuse positive social change into your leadership style and organizational culture.
· Describe the incremental steps you would take given your selected model to ensure success.
· Explain how these steps will influence each of the challenges you face and the mitigation plan to eliminate the challenges.
· Delineate the key concepts you would include in your vision statement.
DDBA-8151 Week 7 Discussion: Leading a Virtual Organization: Critical Decisions
To prepare for this Discussion, review the “Leading a Virtual Organization” videos and Case Study Guide and consider the case of business executive Dr. Craig Marsh. Consider how Dr. Marsh built within his organization a culture of employee engagement, one that is conducive to optimal performance management, and a leadership structure appropriate to achieve his goals. Further, consider how Dr. Marsh took into account the perspectives of researchers and practitioners before creating his strategy.
By Day 3
Post your analysis of the case study, specifically the factors related to effective leadership within a global, virtual organization. In your analysis, be sure to address the following questions:
· What aspects of the academic and practitioner literature did you find particularly applicable to Dr. Marsh’s scenario?
· Whose seminal work would you adopt to help you form your strategy to change the organizational culture of this virtual organization?
· If you were in Dr. Marsh’s position, what is one additional strategy you might have employed to more effectively lead or develop this virtual, globally dispersed team? Provide a rationale for your selected strategy.
Be sure to support your work with a minimum of two specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and one or more additional scholarly sources.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.