Posted: May 3rd, 2021
water quality and contamination | Science homework help
Water Quality and Contamination
Carefully review the Grading Rubric before beginning the assignment.
Before you begin this assignment, watch the video titled The Scientific Method Presentation. Then, read “Lab 2: Water Quality and Contamination.” This lab will allow you to investigate the effects of common pollutants on groundwater as well as mimic the filtration process utilized by wastewater treatment facilities. Additionally, you will perform tests on your own tap water to compare differences in contaminants found in bottled versus tap water. Then, you will utilize this information and your eScience lab kit to complete Experiments 1 through 3 on the Week Two Lab Reporting Form. Make sure to complete all of the following items before submission:
- Read through the introductory material and watch The Scientific Method Presentation video.
- Perform Experiment 1: Effects of Groundwater Contamination using your eScience lab manual and kit.
- Complete Table 1 and answer Post Lab Questions 1 through 5 in complete sentences on the Week Two Lab Reporting Form.
- Complete Experiment 2: Water Treatment using your eScience lab manual and kit.
- Answer Post Lab Questions 1 through 4 in complete sentences on the Week Two Lab Reporting Form.
- Complete Experiment 3: Drinking Water Quality using your eScience lab manual and kit.
- Complete Tables 2 through 6 and answer Post Lab Questions 1 through 4 in complete sentences on the Week Two Lab Reporting Form.
- Go to “Lab 3: Biodiversity,” and complete Experiment 1: Diversity of Plants steps 1 through 6. Steps 1 through 6 need to be completed in order to be prepared for Week Three; however, results for this experiment will not be calculated until next week. Thus, nothing is to be handed in for this experiment until the end of Week Three.
The document does not need to include a title page or other APA formatting; however, any outside resources utilized in your answers must be referenced in proper APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.