Posted: April 27th, 2021
Reports discussion | English | American Public University
Each thread group has two reports assigned to it provided as links. Review ONE of the two reports assigned to your thread group. You are NOT expected to read the entire report. Just review the report to get a sense of it. (Pretend you are the “executive” who has received many reports. You would not read the entire report, but you should at least read the executive summary, if there is one, and skim the report to get a sense of its main ideas and purpose.)
After reviewing the report, before Thursday midnight, provide your assessment of that report:
- What type of report is it: formal or informal? How do you know?
- Who is the audience of the report?
- What is the purpose of the report: informational or analytical? Why was it written? Why would the audience need the report?
- Was a report needed to accomplish the purpose? Could the information have been presented in another way, such as multiple shorter memos or a presentation, to accomplish the purpose for the audience? Why or why not?
- Finally, if YOU were the intended audience, what would you do next based on the report? For instance, would you likely invest in the company, support or not a law related to an issue addressed in the report, recommend company changes, provide additional funding, etc.?