Posted: April 27th, 2021
Lesson plan 2 | Education homework help
For this assignment, you will write a lesson on writing conventions on capitalization, punctuation, OR grammar.
For more information on conventions, see link: https://www.time4writing.com/articles-about-writing/writing-conventions-updated/
- Begin by selecting a convention upon which to focus. We discussed how to go about this in M5a.
- Find the TEKS (https://teksguide.org/) for this convention; this will help you to narrow it down to a particular grade level or grade band.
- Explore the information on TEKS guide by TEA (https://teksguide.org/) for ideas about how to teach this convention. You can also find ideas in our text or online.
- Create a lesson plan using the attached template. Some sections are marked optional, i.e., you do not have to complete those sections.
General tips on lesson plans:
- Semi-scripted, so I can hear your “voice.”
- Use italics for what you say; regular font for what you do.
- Clear sequence.
- Use numbered list or bullets.
- Formative assessment should be quick and purposeful. See this website for ideas: https://www.edutopia.org/article/7-smart-fast-ways-do-formative-assessment
- See M5a for more details on lesson planning for Conventions.
Please let me know if you have any questions!!