Posted: April 27th, 2021
Introductory speech delivery and self-review
Introductory Speech Delivery and Self-Review
In this assignment, you will record the speech you outlined last week and submit a self-review.
- Record your speech.
- After you have recorded your speech, watch the recording and complete the self-review with an eye on improvement and track your progress.
- Submit your assignment.
Your speech will be graded on the following criteria:
- Speech quality. Be sure the audio for the entire speech is clear and consistent.
- Visual quality. Be sure the entire speech is clear and consistent and that no part of the speech is blurry or difficult to see.
- Speech topic focus. All parts of the speech focus on the speech topic and facilitate understanding of the main point.
- Time requirement. Be sure the speech meets the 1–2 minute time requirement.
- Delivery. Deliver the speech with strong eye contact, an expressive voice, and good nonverbal communication (including gestures or other physical movements).
- Effectiveness. Be sure your speech is effective by connecting well with the audience and be sure you have achieved its purpose.
- Submit your recorded speech and self-review.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Complete a speech that meets visual, content, and delivery requirements.