Posted: April 18th, 2021
Hr advice | Human Resource Management homework help
For this assignment, you will act as an HR associate. Imagine you are consulted for advice on two different issues
Read each situation carefully and collectively answer the associated questions.
You are also encouraged to visit the Ontario Human Rights website and/or The Ministry of Labour website for additional assistance – but be sure to cite anything you borrow to support your work!
A hiring manager comes to you with a list of questions that she would like to use for her interview to select an office manager. Your task is to review her proposed questions and identify which questions are appropriate and/or inappropriate based on employment legislation.
Here are the questions the hiring manager would like to use:
- Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult customer or staff member. How did you handle the situation?
- Are you planning to take any other classes or completing any other certification or designation that will assist you in your career growth?
- You have a number of extra-curricular activities listed on your resume. Are there any associations to which you belong?
Your written work should meet the following standards:
- Your document should be professionally formatted following the APA guide to formatting.
- Spelling and grammar do count, as attention to detail, working to deadlines, and thoroughness are all skills and abilities employers expect and reward.
- Maximum four (4) page limit – cover page & reference list not included in limit.
- You must cite all your sources.
- Use APA sixth edition style, provide in-text citations after any quote, statistic, or other text from the internet.
- 1 mark per question (including your rationale and re-writing of question if needed) for a total of 10 marks
- 3 marks for the clarity of your writing (i.e. is clear, concise, and free of errors in spelling/grammar)
- 3 marks for having a minimum of three citations for outside references that are credible (If the words or ideas are not your own, then cite be sure to cite what you have borrowed using APA citation guidelines).