Posted: April 17th, 2021
debating ability testing | Psychology homework help
rior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 5 and 6 in the textbook and the required articles for this week, and view the IQ: A history of deceit (Links to an external site.) video.
For your initial post, you will present at least two viewpoints debating professional approaches to assessment used in psychology for ages 7-16. In addition to the required reading, research a minimum of one peer-reviewed article on ability testing research at is pertains to ages 7-16.
In your initial post, you must
- Briefly compare and discuss at least two theories of intelligence and the contemporary assessment measures related to those theories.
- Analyze challenges related to assessing individuals in your assigned age group and describe any special ethical and socio-cultural issues which must be considered.
- Analyze and provide evidence from validation studies supporting and opposing the use of specific instruments with your assigned population.
- Present the pros and cons of individual versus group assessment of ability.
- Summarize the implications of labeling and mislabeling individuals in your assigned age group as a result of testing and assessment.