Answer following 10 questions. Use following book for reference:
Oakley, J. S. (2012). Accident investigation techniques: Basic theories, analytical methods, and applications (2nd ed.). Des Plaines, IL: American Society of Safety Engineers.
1) Think of a time when you were injured at work or at home. Conduct a “Five Whys” analysis of the accident to reveal root causes, and share your findings with the class. When reviewing your classmates’ postings, look at the sequence of the questions. Does each one build on the one before it?
2) While responding to an accident where a forklift tipped over going around a corner, the supervisor tells you that the cause was simply operator error since the driver was going too fast. The supervisor does not see the need to investigate any further. If you were the manager of this site, what would you say to the supervisor?
3) You recently completed an accident investigation involving a worker injured by an unguarded blade on a table saw. The investigation revealed that the guard had been removed some months before by persons unknown. Propose one corrective action for each of the first six levels in the hazard control precedence that would help prevent the accident from happening again. Which one(s) would you recommend, and why?
4) Recall your submissions for the projects in Units IV, V, and VI. Using the causal factors for the 2007 propane explosion at the Little General Store in Ghent, WV that you have previously identified, determine the level of accountability for each causal factor (worker/equipment, supervisor, management, corporate). Propose at least one corrective action for each causal factor.
5) What is accident trending? Why is trending so important for accident investigation to ensure hazard prevention?
6) Which report writing tip do you feel is most important? Why?
7) Why is it important to communicate lessons learned from an accident investigation to all levels of an organization?
8) Identify the steps in an accident investigation follow-up. Which step do you feel is the most critical?
9) What are the differences between accident forms and accident reports? How should you determine which one to use?
10) Discuss ways that accident causation theories can be used proactively to prevent accidents. Provide examples that illustrate your points.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more