Posted: April 10th, 2021
| cis170 | Strayer University
Assignment 1: Cyber Computer Crime
Due Week 3 and worth 75 points
Create a 15-slide presentation or 10-minute video presentation using Kaltura in which you:
- Describe the responsibilities of the National Security Administration (NSA).
- Identify the four critical needs at the state or local level of law enforcement in order to fight computer crime more effectively.
- Explain how the U.S. Postal Service assists in the investigation and prosecution of cases involving child pornography.
- Discuss how and why the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) consolidated so many federal offices.
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality references for this assignment. One of these must have been published within the last year. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Presentation Pro Tips:
- Practice, practice, practice. Say it over and over again so that you come across cool and collected and your information isn’t lost in your nervousness or verbal stops (um, er, uh).
- PowerPoints should have only a single thought on each slide and complete sentences are not necessary. Sometimes a single word with a good graphic or just a strong graph is all you need.
- Use 18 point font or larger. (18 point font is the smallest that can be read from across the room.)
- Relax. You know the information. Now you’re just showing it.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required presentation length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the criminology of computer crime.
- Explain the various digital laws and legislation in support of law enforcement.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about information technology in criminal justice topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.