Posted: March 23rd, 2021
Discussion; airspace | Law homework help
Post your response to one of the following:
The Department of Defense (DOD) wishes to dedicate a large block of airspace over North Dakota to the exclusive use of military unmanned aircraft systems.
- Can the DOD simply declare that airspace off limits to civil aircraft?
- If not, how must the DOD proceed if it wishes to accomplish that objective?
- Will interested persons and organizations, such as the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, have an opportunity to express their opinions about the proposed change? If so, how?
For a nation or union of nations other than the U.S.:
- Identify the government authority or authorities responsible for regulating the national airspace and controlling air traffic.
- Compare and contrast the categories of airspace with those of the U.S. described in the text.
- Compare and contrast procedures in use for changing airspace categorizations with those of the U.S. Administrative Procedure Act.
- If any proposed changes to your answers to the first 2 bullets above are now under consideration, describe them and evaluate the pros and cons of each
- Provide hyperlinks to references relied on.