Your family has always been very politically active. From a young age, you have been politically aware. When you were young, you worked with your parents as they supported their political party and you even helped during campaigns for the candidates your parents supported. In college, you were a leader of the organization on campus that was part of the political party you supported. This could have been the Young Democrats or the Young Republicans or any college group that supported the political party of your choice. Until your exposure at college, you always supported the same political party as your parents, but then your views began to change and you developed your own ideas, ideals and expectations. While you continued to remain politically active, you have become more and more disillusioned with the current major and third parties and movements on the political scene, having studied all thoroughly. You have come to be completely discouraged by the state of the political process as it pertains to political parties. In your opinion, none of the major or third parties truly represents the best interests of the citizens, and you have decided to create your own political party.
Directions. In a 4-5 page Microsoft Word document, include the following:
1.Name your political party and evaluate why you have chosen that name.
2. Create a symbol for your political party and explain why you have chosen that symbol.
3. Create a slogan for your political party and justify why you have chosen that slogan.
4. Develop a platform for your political party. A platform is a written outline and explanation of what your party believes in and why. Your party can be a single-issue party, an ideological party, a splinter party, or a regular broad based political party. Your platform must have at least four positions under the following topics. Summarize each platform position.
a) Social Issues
b) Domestic Issues
c) Foreign Policy
5. Design a brochure or one-page flyer for your political party that you would hand out to voters to introduce and explain your party. In this flyer you want to include the essentials of what your party stands for, points of your platform, and the benefits of joining your party.
6. Project what demographic groups would vote for your political party and why. What demographic groups will your political party reach out to and seek support from?
7.Predict what regions of the country will support your political party and why? Or, what regions of country will your party win? Justify your claims.
8. Compare the areas of support with those of other political parties.
9. What main idea or belief is your political party based upon? Why? For example, in the 2008 election, the Democrats focused a lot on the economy and the war in Iraq.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
Political party name, symbol, and slogan: Create the name, symbol and slogan of the political party. Provide an evaluation of each which is to include its significance. Clear distinction as to type of political party (single-issue, ideological, splinter, or broad based political party)
Platform: Organize platform into the three major issue categories. Clear explanation/summarization of each platform issue. Differentiation of political stand from other political parties.
Brochure/Flyer: Brochure or flyer is clearly organized to present the new party and distinguish it from other political parties. Choose key points of the platform to identify with electorate concerns. Illustrate the importance of the new party and how it will serve the electorate.
Demographics: Identify the demographic groups and regions where the new party can garner support.
Compare the areas of support with those of other political parties.
Main ideas of belief and expansion.
Organization (12 points)
Usage and mechanics (12 points)
Style (12 points)
APA elements (8 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more