Posted: March 11th, 2021
This assignment will be submitted in 2 parts. This part will outline a Community Health Plan and Health Education Lesson Plan for a (Miami, Fl) community and implement this in such community.
Students will use the following steps to formulate a community health nursing project.
First, the student will submit a two-page proposal that follows APA reference format.
The steps are outlined below:
1. Assessment: Assess a targeted population in your community to see what needs to exist. This is done by researching health data for your population. Make sure you select and define your community by noting the history of your community.
2. Capture a picture of your selected community (Miami, FL). What are the vital statistics of your community? Think about socioeconomic statistics. What are the leading causes of death? What illnesses or diseases are present in your community? Do citizens in your community have easy access to primary care? What are the most prevalent health problems in your community?
3. Formulate a community health nursing diagnosis related to this health need, based on this data, what are the strengths and needs of your community?
4. Plan community intervention. Ask yourself if this will have a positive health impact in the designated population? How do you know?
5. Implementation. Create an educational presentation that will address the most important needs of your population. The presentation must be arranged with your instructor. The instructor will attend your presentation virtually or in person.
6. Evaluation: How would you evaluate your intervention
The written OUTLINE should include:
Cognitive, psychomotor & Affective domain
Topic Selections for Teaching Projects-Suggestions:
Please, refer to the following documents to identify a possible topic for the Projects.
Examples for the project topic: Health screening, health education, getting a sidewalk or gym or rec. center built, provide car seats for children in poverty areas, design and after-school-program for at risk students, provide training to inmates or correctional facility staff on infection control, organize a home visitation for at-risk teen moms, teaching nutritional cooking to moms receiving WIC, intervene in a communicable disease outbreak situation, develop a disaster plan, STD/HIV reduction rate program in a specific population, increase immunization rates in school-age children, Safety (texting while driving)(car seats)(firearm)(summer), depression screening of college students, assessing client satisfaction with public health services, obesity prevention, nutrition programs, physical fitness programs, marketing prenatal care, CHIP (community health improvement plan), teaching parents alternative discipline methods, tobacco cessation, etc.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.