Week 6 – Final Project
A Final Project is due the last class session. The Final Project will contribute 30% to the course grade.
With instructor approval, students will select an organization that either has or is experiencing challenges with its compensation and benefit system. The student will provide a brief historical view of the organization. The student should assess the company’s current challenge, review other organizations that had a similar situation (and the strategy they devised to address the issue), explore theories and strategies that should be contemplated to address the situation, and finally, include a recommendation to management regarding how to address/resolve the situation. Importantly, the student should ensure any recommendations are based on solid research and analysis and reflect a comprehensive solution to the problem.
The Final Paper must include a minimum of eight credible sources (in addition to textbook). Research topics must be reviewed in advance with the instructor.
Writing the Compensation and Benefits Paper
This essay must reflect what is considered the current “state of the art” systems, reflecting both academic and professional (practical) orientations. The Final Paper must be 8-10 double-spaced pages (not including the title and reference pages) and be formatted according to APA style guidelines. This paper may be written in first person. This Final Paper should review the available research, discuss the implications of that research for the topic area, and provide conclusions. The paper should be organized into the following areas (use section headings to organize your key points):
1. Introduction: The area of research should be described and the purpose of the research. That is, describe the topic area in terms of (a) its relationship to the topic and (b) what you want to be able to contribute to the training literature by writing this paper. Your introduction must include a succinct thesis statement.
2. Review of the literature: Students must provide a brief historical view of the organization and assess the company’s current challenges. This review will include an examination of other organizations with similar situations, including the strategies used to address their issues. Students need to explore theories and strategies that could address the situation. Identify any areas that may have not been addressed in the literature used for review.
3. Implications: Assess any implications. Organize the implications of the literature in a manner that logically builds the case for your recommendations. For each of your implications be sure to reference the literature related to that implication. Be sure to indicate whether the implication is one that has already been made in the literature or if this is one that is original to you through your own analysis.
4. Recommendations: Based on the research, students must make recommendations for a comprehensive solution to the problem. This is where you tie all the pieces together. Make sure your recommendations are organized in a logical order that synthesizes your major points relative to the purpose of your paper. Be sure that your recommendations are justified and have credible support. Inspire your audience to think about the practical application of your topic. Remember, this is the last thing you are leaving with your reader so make the context of your message clear, communicate the impact of your topic, and leave a lasting impression.
5. Conclusion: Be sure your conclusion summarizes your paper and explains how you have addressed the thesis statement.
Your paper should include:
· Must include a title page according to APA style.
· Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought and analysis.
· Must include section headings to organize your key points clearly.
· Must include citations to references that support the assertions made and facts presented in the paper.
· Must conclude a conclusion paragraph that ties directly back to your thesis statement.
· Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
· Must include, on the final page, a reference list that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.