Posted: February 27th, 2021
GTPAL stand for: gravida, term, preterm, abortions, living
Gravida: how many pregnancies a woman has had. Term how many pregnancies delivered that have reached or surpassed 37 weeks.
Term: deliver at 37 or greater weeks
Preterm: how many pregnancies between 20-37 (actually 36 and 6/7) wks
Abortion: pregnancy loss at less than 20 weeks. Abortions may also be induced by physicians or spontaneously.
Living: how many children are living now?:
1. This is mom’s 1st pregnancy:
2. 2nd pregnancy and she had an AB at 8 wks for the 1st pregnancy
3. 3rd pregnancy. 1st pregnancy delivered at 38 and 2nd pregnancy was twins delivered at 29 wks. 1 of those children died.
4. 2nd pregnancy. Delivered twins at 37 wks both live pregnancy.
5. 3rd pregnancy. Delivered triplets at 28 wks and 2 of the babies survived. Had an elective AB at 6 wks.
6. This is a woman’s 5 pregnancies, births at 41 week, 39 5/7 weeks, 38 6/7 and 36 5/7 weeks 1 induced abortion at 10 weeks , and 4 living children at this time.
7. a pregnant woman who carried one pregnancy to term with a surviving infant; carried one pregnancy to 35 weeks with surviving twins; carried one pregnancy to 9 weeks as an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy; and has 3 living children would have a GTPAL annotation of?
8. A woman who has given birth at term once and has had one miscarriage at 12 weeks would be recorded as?
This assignment is worth 5 points. 1 point for APA and style of paper.
.5 point for each of the eight cases. Partial points are not awarded if you get part of a case incorrect you get the whole case incorrect. Use page 259 in your text book for further details. Explain your rationale. Demonstrations will be done in class.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.