Posted: February 18th, 2021
Essay assignment | Criminal homework help
WRITING ASSIGNMENTS SHOULD:
- reflect critical thinking.
- include concrete examples/details and avoid generalities.
- include a separate cover page.include a separate references page for sources used.
- include your name, the course, the title of assignment, and the date.
- be typed.
- be in Times New Roman, 12 point font, black.
- be double-spaced.
- be standard/proper English, spelling and grammar.
- be written in your own words.
- be written in the 3RD PERSON.
- be in essay format. Hint: The introduction states your thesis or the purpose of the paper. Organize your body paragraphs to include a main idea, which is then developed or illustrated by support evidence. The conclusion is a restatement of your thesis.
- be written in paragraph format, with complete sentences.
- contain an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
- properly cite sources using in-text citations and a reference list (APA FORMAT)
- For example, your textbook:
- According to Worrall (2015), “School officials can take a pronounced role in controlling crime” (p. 342). Federal and state governments have spent a great deal of money to address crime at schools (Worrall, 2015).
- Parenthetical Citation: (Worrall., 2015)
“Southwood Middle Schoool Murder”
“Southwood Middle Schoool Murder”On February 3, 2004, eighth-grader Jaime Rodrigo Gough was stabbed to death in a second-floor bathroom by classmate Michael Hernandez, both boys were 14. A fellow student found his lifeless body in a bathroom stall at which time the school went into lockdown. Parents who found out from other parents gathered in front of the school.Late in 2015 the convicted student’s case was brought back to court for a re-sentencing.
Please answer the questions fully and concisely in your own words, in essay (APA) FORMAT. Be sure to use standard English, spelling and grammar.
- What occurred (background of case)?
- Did the school administration respond appropriately to the incident?
- Was security an issue at the school?
- Were there any “red flags”?
- Did the victim precipitate this crime? (Research “victim precipitation” using MDC library.)
- What changes, if any, in security would you suggest?
- Is violent crime a common occurrence in schools (local/Florida/nationally)?
- What would be the appropriate punishment for the offender?
- Was justice served?
BE SPECIFIC. EXPLAIN.
- Your paper must 4-5 pages ONLY (Do not include the title page or reference page in your page count.) (Points will be deducted for not meeting the minimum [4 full pages] or exceeding the page limit.)
- Proofread your paper before submitting.
- You must use your at least two (3) other scholarly articles to support your position/findings.
sources that can help
National Threat Assessment Center | United States Secret Service
Final Report-Safe School Initiative