Posted: February 15th, 2021
Assessment item 3 – Design Phase
Due Date: 23-Jan-2020
Length: 2000 words
Submission method options: Alternative submission method
In the third phase of the project, you need to perform following design activities in
continuation of the analysis activities from assignment 2.
1. Design the system architecture, describing the important hardware and software
components (servers, clients etc.) and their role. Justify your design decisions that
involve a choice of technology or choice of software components. It is strongly
recommended to draw one or more architecture diagrams to better illustrate your
2. Choose two distinct use cases and draw their user interface mockups in the form
of storyboards. You should conform the principles of good UI design as taught in the
subject. Storyboard diagrams should have sufficient details and annotations to give a
clear idea of proposed design.
3. Perform use case realization for two most important use cases from the case
study. Choose two important use cases for the system (from assignment 2) and
elaborate them using interaction diagrams (i.e. sequence diagrams or communication
Maximum word count is 2000, excluding the diagrams.
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
• be able to create analysis and design diagrams with UML notation.
• be able to compare the syntax, semantics and pragmatics of UML to determine the
best diagrams for the problem domain.
• be able to model various aspects of systems to construct quality diagrams for use in a
system development project.
Assignment should be submitted as a single Word document.
Diagrams can be created using any UML and general drawing tools. All diagrams need to be
included in the report, with a caption and figure number. If needed, use landscape pages for
large diagrams. Hand-drawn diagrams will not be accepted.
Correct referencing is important for your assignment. Use APA6 for referencing.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.