Posted: February 15th, 2021
Analysis Assignment 1
1. Discover additional materials that survey the current state of cyber threats and vulnerabilities, such as annual online survey reports from SANS Institute, McAfee, and Verizon. Describe your findings.
2. Select an antipattern and define the organizational policies that would mitigate the vulnerabilities.
3. Why is network administration an essential skill for a hands-on cybersecurity professional?
4. On a cybersecurity testing project, which network administration skills are you mostly likely to use?
5. Create a version of Backtrack to run on a thumb drive, bootstrap it, and explore the main menu options. What interesting tools can you find? Explain what the tools do.
6. The Backtrack updating and upgrading procedure often leads to operating system crashes. What are the potential causes of these crashes?
7. Define a security testing tool configuration that is based upon virtual machines rather than disk partitions. What are some advantages of your new architecture?
8. Choose a set of vulnerabilities, perhaps based on an antipattern in Chapter 2. Which types of cybersecurity evaluations would be the most effective for diagnosing and mitigating the problems? Why?
9. Find examples of Certification Test Plans, System Security Plans, and other common security documents on the Internet. What types of enterprises have released these plans? For what kinds of systems?
10. Which forms of cyber-attacks would you use to test web applications and databases on the web? Why? How?
ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT 1
1. Question 1 Page 14 from Textbook
2. Question 4 Page 35 from Textbook
3. Question 1 Page 101 from Textbook
4. Question 3 Page 101 from Textbook
5. Question 1 Page 113 from Textbook
6. Question 4 Page 113 from Textbook
7. Question 5 Page 113 from Textbook
8. Question 1 Page 163 from Textbook
9. Question 5 Page 163 from Textbook
10. Question 1 Page 187 from Textbook
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.