Posted: February 10th, 2021
Unit 5 assignment | CES8776 Leadership and Advocacy Counseling | Capella University
Engaging in Leadership Within the Counseling Profession
NOTE*** ALL RESOURCES ARE UPLOADED FILE AND ATTACHED****
As you become a counselor educator and supervisor, how will you engage in leadership within the counseling profession?
- Identify a niche area that you want to further by contributing your time, energy, and resources. This could be a similar area as your proposed dissertation topic, your clinical specialty, and/or counselor education classes that you want to teach. UPLOADED FILE AND ATTACHED
2. Include the avenues and opportunities for professional leadership at the local, state, and national levels through professional counseling associations or other mental health initiatives that are aligned with your niche area. (CACREP 6.b) UPLOADED FILE AND ATTACHED
Once you have determined your niche area, complete the following:
- Reach out to one professional association or mental health initiative that is aligned with your niche area and volunteer for a leadership position that you are able to successfully engage in at this time.
- Which professional counseling association or mental health initiative did you select?
- What was the leadership position that you volunteered for and how did you ascertain the volunteer leadership position?
- What are the goals of the volunteer leadership position?
- What leadership theories, models, and skills can be applied to leadership initiatives?
- What are some methods you can develop for promoting leadership activities to facilitate the development of counselor trainees?
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Length: 5–8 pages.
- Written communication: Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a professional educator.
- References: A minimum of five recent, relevant academic resources are required to support your work.
- APA format: Resources and citations must be formatted according to current APA style and formatting
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.