Posted: February 3rd, 2021
Benchmark – social studies and the arts mini-unit plan
For this assignment you will create a mini-unit plan using the COE Lesson Plan Template, containing three consecutive lesson plans designed for the students outlined in the “Class Profile.” Identify an elementary grade level, social studies, and arts standards of your choice to focus your unit plan on. You may adapt any previous assignments in the creation of this mini-unit plan.
In your unit, design the three lesson plans to:
- Address 1-2 social studies standards across the lesson plans.
- Address at least one Arts standard in at least one lesson plan.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies and technologies that encourage the students’ development of critical thinking and problem solving.
- Use strategies that create opportunities for students’ active engagement in their learning and promote a supportive learning environment.
- Incorporate the use of digital resources to promote effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniques while creating opportunities for active inquiry, collaboration, and supportive interaction in the elementary classroom.
- Integrate formative assessment techniques in the first two lesson plans of your mini-unit and a summative assessment in the last lesson. Within your summative assessment, be sure to measure all four DOK levels and assess each standard identified in all lessons.
- Use differentiated strategies to meet the needs of all students in the “Class Profile.”
Along with the unit, submit a 250-500 word summary rationalizing your instructional choices, arts integration, and summative assessment choice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.