Posted: January 25th, 2021
Communication takes on special importance in international management. How organizations communicate across cultural boundaries defines their success and failures as an MNC. Communication is the transfer of meaning from a sender to a receiver. The challenge is to effectively communicate so the receiver can properly interpret the intended meaning of the message. Global leaders understand that language is not just about communication between individuals but is the very reflection of the culture in which the organization operates.
READ: Communication Style and Cultural Features in High/Low Context Communication Cultures: A Case Study of Finland, Japan and India by Shoji Nishimura, Anne Nevgi, and Seppo Tella. http://www.helsinki.fi/~tella/nishimuranevgitella299.pdf
Using what you have learned, answer the following questions:
1. What is a High-Context Culture?
2. What is a Low-Context Culture?
3. Considering the country you are researching, how would you define the context of their culture?
4. Comparing your country to the United States, what challenges, if any, would your organization experience in its communication with Americans?
5. Why is nonverbal communication a barrier to effective communication?
Write a minimum 2-page paper using your findings from above.
The Country is Nigeria.
Must be in APA Standard. Including in text citations and referances.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.