Posted: January 25th, 2021
Csis 330 final exam liberty university
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
- An organization can use a(n) ________________ to provide secure and safe access to individuals who work for a different organization, but require company data.
- Which of the following is not a benefit of a connection-oriented system, like a circuit-switched telephone system?
- __________ are computer hosts that have software installed that enable them to request and display the information obtains from a server.
- Which of the following is not a specific feature of a WAN?
- _________________________ identify devices, ports, and IP addressing schemes.
- The Internet is a conglomerate of networks and is owned by the United States.
- __________________________ involves increased priority for production control or business transaction data.
- Traditional learning methods provide which two sources of expertise from which the student can obtain information?
- A(n) ____________ forwards data packets to and receives data packets from the Internet
- Which mode is used to configure one of the physical or virtual lines?
- ____________________ is a method for remotely establishing a CLI session of a device, through a virtual interface, over a network.
- What command is used on a Windows PC at the command prompt to display the computer’s IP configuration setttings?
- According to the textbook, when a banner is used on an IOS device, it should always welcome someone to the device as its first statement.
- What CLI shortcut completes the remainder of a partially typed command or keyword?
- The Delete key (the key normally used to erase characters to the right of the cursor) is not recognized by terminal emulation programs.
- What type of connection to a Cisco IOS switch is used to make the initial configuration?
- Which protocol receives message segments from the transport layer, packages them into packets, and addresses them for end-to-end delivery over an internetwork?
- The TCP/IP protocol suite does not specify which protocols to use when transmitting over a physical medium.
- The ___________ model is the most widely known internetwork reference model.
- _______________________ is the term used to refer to the PDU at the Transport layer of the TCP/IP model.
- A group of inter-related protocols necessary to perform a communication function is called a(n) ____________.
- ___________ is the process used by a receiving device to remove one or more of the protocol headers.
- Is the binary number 10101011 odd or even?
- What is the binary equivalent of the decimal number 119?
- What is the binary equivalent of the hexadecimal number AA?
- What is the decimal equivalent of the binary number 01000000?
- What is the binary equivalent of the decimal number 65?
- What is the decimal equivalent of the hexadecimal number A0?
- Bits are encoded on fiber as ___________________________.
- What type of connector is used to terminate UTP cables?
- The _________________ layer controls how data is transmitted onto the physical media by encoding the binary digits that represent data into signals.
- _________________________ is a transmission technique in which the amplitude of the carrier varies in accordance with the signal.
- ______________ stipulates the commercial cabling standards for LAN installations and is the standard most commonly used in LAN cabling environments.
- ____________________________ is popular in long-distance situations spanning hundreds of kilometers such as required in long-haul telephony and cable TV applications.
- A(n) _______________ transmission of data exists when data signals are sent along with a clock signal that occurs at evenly spaced time durations.
- What type of connector is usually used to terminate a UTP cable?
- _________ is a logical interface on a switch associated with a virtual local-area network (VLAN).
- A _______________________ MAC address is the unique address used when a frame is sent from a single transmitting device to a single destination device.
- Which of the following is not a function of data encapsulation in Ethernet?
- In ________________ switching, the switch acts upon the data as soon as it is received, even if the transmission is not complete.
- In ________________ switching, the switch stores the first 64 bytes of the frame before forwarding.
- In ________________ switching, when the switch receives the frame, it stores the data in buffers until the complete frame has been received.
- The maximum size of a PDU that a medium can transport is known as the _______________________.
- Which of the following is not displayed by the IOS show version command on a router?
- Which of the following statements is false with respect to IP?
- Which of the following is not a column in an IPv6 Route Table?
- Which field in a router’s routing table identifies the IP address of the next router to forward a packet?
- The local routing table of a host typically contains a route to the loopback interface (127.0.0.1). This address is known as a ______________________.
- Which of the following is not an advantage of the IPv6 simplified header over the IPv4 header?
- In what part of a router is the current configuration being used located?
- TCP breaks up a message into small pieces known as ______.
- Which of the following is not a characteristic of TCP?
- Which port is assigned to HTTP?
- Which of the following is not a common transport layer protocol?
- What range of ports can either be used by TCP to identify the requested service on the destination device or as a client source port?
- If a client sends an ISN of 2 to a server, and a server responds with an ISN of 1 to the client, what is the final stage of the TCP three-way handshake?
- Which of the following is not a protocol that uses TCP to ensure data delivery?
- Regulating the amount of data a source transmits is a function of _____________.
- A _______________ is 32-bits long, and it signifies which part of an IP address is network and which part is host.
- Both IPv4 and IPv6 use an ICMP protocol as the principal means to verify connectivity.
- The default subnet mask for a Class B address is _____________.
- What is the process in generating an IPv6 interface ID that uses a client’s 48-bit Ethernet MAC address and inserts another 16 bits in the middle of the 48-bit MAC address to create a 64-bit interface ID?
- ____________________ is a representation of information using only 1s and 0s.
- On a host device, which Windows command can be used to view the IP address information assigned by a DHCP server?
- Which of the following IPv4 addresses would be used in a private network?
- A(n) ________________ IPv6 address is an all-0s address represented as ::/128, or just :: in the compressed format.
- With VLSM, the subnet mask will vary depending on how many bits have been borrowed for a particular subnet.
- You have been assigned an IP address for your network of 192.168.1.0 / 24. Each subnet needs to accommodate 12 hosts. What is the subnet mask?
- What is the network address for the host assigned to 172.16.4.35/24 ?
- What is the first step in planning network subnets?
- How many hosts per network can you have with a subnet mask of 255.255.192.0?
- IPv4 subnets are created by using one or more of the ____________ bits as ____________ bits.
- Why were variable-length subnet masks created?
- You are given an IPv4 network address of 192.168.10.0/24 by your ISP. You need to subnet this network. You know that the subnet mask will be 255.255.255.252. Therefore, how many bits have you borrowed from the host portion of the network address to achieve this subnet mask?
- Which of the following is false with respect to Server Message Block (SMB)?
- In a __________________ network, two or more computers are connected through a network and can share resources without having a dedicated server.
- The type of addressing used when the network administrator manually enters IP address information on network hosts is called _________ addressing.
- Which protocol is used to assign an IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS address to a host?
- Which protocol is a reliable, connection-oriented protocol used for interactive file transfer between systems?
- Which port(s) is(are) assigned to Telnet?
- Which of the following are functions of the Presentation Layer in the OSI model?
- Which DHCP message identifies the explicit server and lease offer that a client is accepting?
- Intruders who gain access by modifying software or exploiting software vulnerabilities are often called _______.
- A key network switch has failed because of excessive humidity. What type of physical threat caused the problem?
- A firewall is one of the most effective security tools available for protecting internal network users from external threats.
- What is true of an application layer service?
- According to the textbook, real-time applications require more planning and dedicated services (relative to other types of data) to ensure priority delivery of voice and video traffic.
- What type of network vulnerability is involved with the mere use of HTTP, FTP, and ICMP?
- ___________________ attacks are the disabling or corruption of networks, systems, or services.
- Which network protocol should a network administrator use to remotely configure a network device?
- What is a network vulnerability?
- ____________________ helps to eliminate single points of failure in a network.
- Which of the following is not a type of access attack?
- A(n) __________ firewall is a firewall that is built into a dedicated hardware device known as a security appliance.
- Which of the following is an example of a strong password?
- An attacker runs a ping sweep against a network. What type of attack is this?
- Which feature of network security records what the user does, including what is accessed, the amount of time the resource is accessed, and any changes that were made?
- Which of the following firewall techniques prevents or allows access based on IP or MAC addresses?
- VoIP uses voice-enabled routers that convert analog voice from traditional telephone signals into IP packets.
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
CSIS 330 Quiz 1 Liberty University
CSIS 330 Quiz 2 Liberty University
CSIS 330 Quiz 3 Liberty University
CSIS 330 Quiz 4 Liberty University
CSIS 330 Quiz 5 Liberty University
CSIS 330 Quiz 6 Liberty University
CSIS 330 Quiz 7 Liberty University
CSIS 330 Final Exam