Posted: January 2nd, 2021
Final project | Operations Management homework help
You will create a PowerPoint presentation to be made to the CEO, Operations Manager and Board of Directors of Jones Company, in which you assume the role of Department Manager of Supply Chain for the Jones Company. In this presentation you will be making recommendations based upon the application of S&OP planning strategies to the Jones company supply chain.
The purpose of this assignment is for you to show how supply change and logistics must align and integrate to the company’s resources and how a good manager can effectively and efficiently make the integration and alignment in the best interests of the company. You will create a PowerPoint presentation to the CEO, Board and Operations Manager explaining how it will can be done.
Jones Company has made a number of improvements, thanks to your help, but they need to better integrate and align their resources to better serve their customers and improve profitability. As your final assignment, discuss how Jones can use Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) to bring about more cohesion in their operation. Prepare a 12 slide proposal that identifies what activities should be included in their S&OP approach, what should be discussed in their regular S&OP meetings, and what type of metrics (performance metrics) need to be developed and communicated.
Required Elements of the Presentation:
- Identify what specific activities should be included in the S&OP approach.
- Clearly explain why the activities should be included and why it will benefit the company.
- What should be on the agenda for discussion on the regular S&OP meetings.
- Explain why these ideas should be on the planning agenda weekly.
- What type of metrics (performance metrics) need to be developed and communicated.
- Explain your rationale for selecting these measures in terms of their pros and cons, using evidence and examples and how they affect the change you are proposing.
Required Formatting of Presentation:
- Your presentation is being made to the CEO, Board of Directors and VP for Operations and therefore should be short and concise.
- It should flow well with one slide leading to the next logically. The information should be presented in bullet format with explanation in the note section only.
- The note section would contain what you would “actually say” in the presentation. It must contain support from the class material, facts /conclusions derived from the previous projects.
- The PowerPoint presentation consists of at least 12 slides. Note that students may use Prezi rather than PPT. (Use “Click Here to Add Notes” for talking points).
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so you are expected NOT to use contractions in writing this assignment.
- The expectation is that you provide a robust use of the course readings. No other books besides the course eBook, if the course has one, can be used. When using a source document, the expectation is that the information is cited and referenced with a page or paragraph number.